St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Healthy Snack Policy for Key Stage 2
Ratification by Governors
Our school has achieved the National Healthy Schools Standard.
To support our approach to healthy lifestyles we have a Healthy Snack Policy.
MONDAY - THURSDAY
Our children can bring cheese, fruit, vegetables, yoghurt or salad for their morning snack.
Our children can bring a snack of their choice or buy from the school Fairtrade Tuck Shop. There is a range of snacks for 80p.
No snacks containing nuts will be allowed at any time.
To encourage children to:
- Be aware of healthier options
- Eat healthier snacks
- Try foods they might not otherwise choose
- Sustained energy rather than a quick boost
- Improved concentration from less sugary snacks
- Health awareness/ looking after our bodies as part of RE and PHSCE
- An increased litter free environment through less packaging
- One part of the recommended intake of fruit and vegetables
This policy will help parents to support their children’s daily intake of fruit and vegetables.