ADVERSE WEATHER POLICY
The safety of our school community is paramount. This policy will guide you in what to do should the weather deteriorate to an extent that safety is compromised.
If this turns out to be the case, please follow the following instructions.
If the weather deteriorates quickly during the day:
- Please come and collect your child early if you can – this would help us
- If possible, bring any additional clothing/footwear your child may need
- We will send a text to all parents/carers to inform you if school will be closing
- We will post updates on the website
- Please assume that any after school activity is cancelled and collect your child promptly at home time
If snow falls overnight or severe snow conditions prevail:
- Check the school website homepage for updates – they will scroll across the page
- :Look out for a text from school - we will endeavour to send this as early as possible but in some weather conditions the internet can be affected
- Listen to Pulse Radio or Radio Leeds for further information
- Do not drop your child off at school without first establishing that school will be opening
It is important to remember that many staff will have to travel considerable distances, and may be advised not to make the journey to school in these circumstances. We will endeavour to have someone here, but it is essential that you check before you leave your child on site.
Please remember that in times of severe weather conditions the internet may be affected and we may not be able to contact you by text or access the website. If you are concerned about the deteriorating weather please come and collect your child as soon as you safely can.
A member of staff will stay in school until all children are collected.
THIS POLICY HAS BEEN AGREED BY STAFF AND GOVERNORS