Vacancy for Admin Assistant - FROM JANUARY 2021
If you are interested in finding out more about the vacancy listed here, please read the documents via their link below and the information below..
Application Form (click)- Please complete and either email to email@example.com OR post to St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Finkil Street, Brighouse HD6 2NT OR post it through the post box at the main entrance of school
Please Read the Following Information
E-mail is our preferred method of communication. Candidates will receive all communication via their e-mail address and we would advise you to check your e-mails on a regular basis.
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Applications
We do not acknowledge receipt of paper applications. Applications submitted on line will however, receive an acknowledgement upon request.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Safer recruitment practice aims to minimise the risk of appointing an individual who is unsuitable to work in a post where they will be in contact with children or vulnerable adults and could cause them harm. This school is fully committed to the principles of safer recruitment
Our selection processes observe best practice in selecting the appropriate candidate by ensuring equality of opportunity for all applicants whilst excluding any who may be unsuitable to work with our children. All candidates are expected to understand their own duties and responsibilities in regard to child protection and safeguarding with due relevance to the specific post advertised.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers to make safer recruitment decisions and to prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It is a criminal offence to offer (or indeed to apply for, or to accept an offer of) employment in certain designated posts (those which involve working with children in what is defined as regulated activity) to a barred individual.
Accordingly, some or all (depending on the precise role) of the following steps will be taken as part of the recruitment processes:
- Confirmation of identity by sight of original official documents (Birth Certificate, Passport etc)
- Confirmation of professional qualifications (those required to fulfil the post) by sight of original documentation.
- Full scrutiny of employment history with clarification to be sought (from candidate or referees as appropriate) in the event of identified gaps or discrepancies.
- Satisfactory references – a minimum of two written references (one of which must be from most recent employer) will be taken up prior to interview.
- The identity of all referees must be open to verification.
- Prohibition from teaching check.
- Disqualification by Association check.
In accordance with DBS regulations all candidates for relevant posts are required to provide details of any relevant unspent convictions. Additionally, for those posts involving “regulated activity”, all “spent” convictions must be disclosed under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- A DBS check will be requested for appointments to all relevant posts.
- For those involved in “regulated activity” this will include an additional check of the Children’s Barred List.
Any conditional offer of employment will be made strictly subject to receipt of all required documentation (as specified) and satisfactory verification of all checks as above.