Welcome to our Reception Class Page!
Our Teacher is Miss Vogel and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Midgley every day and Mrs Esgate every morning.
We are going on a school trip to the Rainbow factory! It is a wonderful day out where we will learn all about fairytales, watch a play and explore all of the storytelling rooms.
Please remember to check your child's book bag daily for: letters/information sheets/phonic books/new sounds etc
We will be reading about beanstalks, gingerbread men, three little pigs and many more. We will be learning about characters in a story and the setting. We will be creating new characters and different endings to stories!
We are learning to become Independent!
SKILLS that become life habits
- How to hold and use a knife and fork
- How to dress and undress…..and with pace!
- How to carry out a simple instruction – then 2 step – then multiple step
- How to be aware of others – spatial awareness
- How to be increasingly responsible for their things eg: ask them if they have any letters from school and ask them to pass them to you from their bag / hand something into their teacher
- How to be responsible for their actions and that there are always consequences
- How to take turns – play games
- Always use their manners- Please and thank you
We want our children to THINK independently and ACT independently as a result of GOOD CHOICES.
We have learnt about Goldilocks and the Three Bears. We made some porridge masks!
We had so much fun at our Rainbow Challenge! Thank you for all your fundraising!
We learnt about looking after our planet
We are very creative and are having lots of fun making things in Reception
We Love, Learn and Live in Christ at St Joseph's!
We will be learning our daily prayers and learning about Jesus' life.
We are getting to know Jesus.
We are learning about his life, his friends and his miracles.
You could spend some time at home thinking about Jesus and saying a prayer for him.
We love to read!
We will be doing lots of reading and learning our phonics.
Please try read daily with your child it will make a huge difference to their learning.
We made Christmas cards!
We have been spending time with our Buddies! We loved our Buddy Assembly when we were welcomed to our school family
We are building lots of things outside in our construction area