Welcome to our Reception Class Page!
Our Teacher is Miss Vogel and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Midgley every day and Mrs Esgate every morning.
We have had a wonderful start to Reception! All the class have been exploring their new classroom and making new friends. We have had lots of fun. Our topic is ' All About Me!' so we will be learning about all the special things about ourselves!
Please remember to check your child's book bag daily for: letters/information sheets/phonic books/new sounds etc
We are learning to become Independent!
SKILLS that become life habits
- How to hold and use a knife and fork
- How to dress and undress…..and with pace!
- How to carry out a simple instruction – then 2 step – then multiple step
- How to be aware of others – spatial awareness
- How to be increasingly responsible for their things eg: ask them if they have any letters from school and ask them to pass them to you from their bag / hand something into their teacher
- How to be responsible for their actions and that there are always consequences
- How to take turns – play games
- Always use their manners- Please and thank you
We want our children to THINK independently and ACT independently as a result of GOOD CHOICES.
We Love, Learn and Live in Christ at St Joseph's!
We will be learning our daily prayers and learning about Jesus' life.
We love to read!
We will be doing lots of reading and learning our phonics.
Please try read daily with your child it will make a huge difference to their learning.