Welcome to our Reception Class Page!
You can contact me on: email@example.com
For School events check the School Calendar: https://www.stjosephsbrighouse.org.uk/calendar-1
This week we will be learning:
- Words that rhyme! At home you could: Play rhyming games with me, sing songs, read rhyming books.
- How to write the curly caterpillar letters- c a o s. At home you could: Practise handwriting! Always starting from the top.
- The sounds s a t p i n. At home you could: Play eye spy. So your child can be listening for the initial sounds in words.
- Comparing amounts. At home you could: Play games like who has more and who has less? Use the language of more than and less than.
- About the signs of Autumn. At home you could: Talk about what animals do at Autumn time.
We love music! Our song for the year is the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy!
We had so much fun on our Rainbow Challenge! Thank you for supporting such a great day!
Our Topic: How Many Colours in a Rainbow?
We will learn about:
- Colour in the natural and man- made world
- Explore and create patterns
- How colours can be mixed together to create other colours
- How animals use colour and pattern for camouflage and attraction Key Vocabulary: Rainbow, Rain, Clouds, Weather, World, Light, Colour, Patterns, Camouflage.
The Reception class learn from focused activities (around 20 minutes) and then they get to play in the learning environment.
Our Areas of Learning:
- Religious Education
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts nd Design
Our focus this half term: Phase 2 phonics (single sounds)
If your child is finding a sound tricky look at books with the sound in or play some games e.g Bingo, Snap.
You can search the sound and Geraldine the Giraffe on YouTube for phonics lessons.
Our Focus this Half Term: God's World
We will learn about the Creation Story and how we love and care for the world.
Key Vocabulary: God, Creation, World, Powerful, Noah, Ark, Flood, Rainbow.
Our Focus this half term: Place value of numbers up to 5!
Key Vocabulary: Numbers, Counting, Altogether, More than, Less than, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4,5.
Your child will be sent home with a reading book, we will read weekly with your child and we ask you to try and read daily. We will assess your child's phonics and spellings and choose an appropriate story.
We may not change the book weekly if we feel your child needs longer with the book. Please do not become focused on your child changing books, they will be reading lots at school and progressing at their own pace. We will be assessing them all of the time and will decide if they need more time with it.
Please try read with your child daily. We will ask you to write in the book when you have. We write comments in the book that will help support the next person reading with them E.g, Adam found the s sound tricky or he did well with the sounds.
We want children to love reading!
Free Online Books:
Our Focus this half term: Recognising and writing single letters
At home: Practise recognising and writing their name!