Implementing the ‘Sports Premium’ at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical Education and competitive sport.
In 2016-2017 we have been given the same allocation as last year - £8 880 Sports Premium.
Membership costs to the Pennine Sports Partnership remains the same at £3 000.
We are using the Sports Premium funding to sustain our membership with the Pennine Sports Partnership and to:
- Continue to provide access to sports’ specialist teachers and coaches to enable our children to gain new skills and experiences in after school club activities eg: archery, athletics, dance, gymnastics etc £1 000
- Provide CPD for our KS1 staff in order to further develop the quality of provision £600
- Continue to enable our children to take part in competitive sport
- Make links to other community sports providers
- Continue to encourage our children to improve their leadership skills through sport
- Continue to give extra support in PE to our most talented children
- Access community sports events
- Provide further training for our Lunchtime staff to lead play effectively in KS2 £600
- Provide 'Learn to Ride a Bike' scheme for any children in KS1 who cannot yet ride a bike £1 200
- Continue to enable our play leaders and Junior Leadership Team training opportunities empowering them to lead sports and games within school
- Replace the outdoor slide in Nursery, improving physical outcomes for our children £1 000
- Provide ‘balanceability’ sessions for those children who cannot yet ride a bike to ensure that they can £700
- Continue to send groups of children to the Sports Barn in Huddersfield to participate in a range of sports hall athletics £300
- Send groups of children to the Halifax Schools’ Swimming Gala £100
- Provide a Skipping Workshop for the children to nurture enjoyment as well as increasing their level of fitness £600
- Subsidise the cost of adventurous activity for our Year 6 children £1 640
- Provide release for the PE Leader to attend meetings during the year £600