Come and have a look at what's going on in our Nursery.
It's where the fun begins!
Our Nursery Team are:
Mrs L Lloyd - Teacher
Mrs R Acheson and Mrs K Normanton - Nursery Nurses
Mrs D Connolly and Mrs J McGovern - Nursery Assistants
LIBRARY DAY is Friday ...........Don't forget to let your child choose a book and you can enjoy it together at home. A big thank you to all the parents who have kindly donated books to our library, this wonderful resource would not be available without your constant support.If you haven't donated a book and would like to, please talk to a member of the Nursery Team.
BOOKS, BOOKS and more BOOKS ..........reading is the best !!!
We LOVE books!
So your child has as much fun as possible and gains as much independence as possible, please remember ;
- Dress your child in clothing and coats that they can manage themselves
- Sensible footwear, no sandals, flip flops, crocs or open toed shoes
- Trousers or shorts to be able to access roktagons and outdoor climbing
- No expensive clothing or coats they will get dirty and children do get anxious
- Wellingtons in winter or wet weather- you can leave labelled wellies at Nursery
- NAME LABELS IN ALL CLOTHING- WE CANNOT FIND MISPLACED CLOTHING IF IT HAS NO NAME
- Encourage your child to become independent in using the toilet, it boosts their confidence and self esteem and gives them independence in the Nursery
The Way, the Truth and the Life
This term our topic will be
Getting to know Jesus
Children will begin to know that Jesus has a great love for each of us and we will be thinking of ways in which we can show our love for Jesus. We will hear stories about how Jesus cured people who were ill and we will talk about ways in which we can show our love for people who are ill.
We will begin to know that Jesus showed that he was the Son of God at the wedding at Cana and begin to think about what this means for us.
Important Dates for your Diary
- Monday 7th Jan - School opens
- Thursday 14th Feb - School closes
Happy New Year! and a warm welcome back to everyone. We hope you enjoy the next term with us. We have lots of exciting activities planned and we know you will have lots of fun. We would like to welcome five new children to our group, James, Braxton, Daniel, Nico and Isobel and hope they have a wonderful time with us.
Having fun at Nursery!
THIS TERM OUR TOPIC IS
Why Can't I Have Chocolate for Breakfast ?
Here are some of the things we will be learning about :
- Naming, tasting and describing different types of food;
- Exploring and using our senses;
- About keeping our bodies healthy by eating a balanced diet;
- About how we can grow our own food;
- About different types of food from different countries;
- About what happens when we make changes to food by cooking, melting, freezing and mixing.