Come and have a look at what's going on in our Nursery.
It's where the fun begins!
Our Nursery Team are:
Mrs L Lloyd - Teacher
Mrs R Acheson and Mrs K Normanton - Nursery Nurses
Mrs D Connolly - Nursery Assistant
LIBRARY DAY is Friday ...........Don't forget to let your child choose a book and you can enjoy it together at home. A big thank you to all the parents who have kindly donated books to our library, this wonderful resource would not be available without your constant support.If you haven't donated a book and would like to, please talk to a member of the Nursery Team.
BOOKS, BOOKS and more BOOKS ..........reading is the best !!!
We LOVE books!
So your child has as much fun as possible and gains as much independence as possible, please remember ;
- Dress your child in clothing and coats that they can manage themselves
- Sensible footwear, no sandals, flip flops, crocs or open toed shoes
- Trousers or shorts to be able to access roktagons and outdoor climbing
- No expensive clothing or coats they will get dirty and children do get anxious
- Wellingtons in winter or wet weather- you can leave labelled wellies at Nursery
- NAME LABELS IN ALL CLOTHING- WE CANNOT FIND MISPLACED CLOTHING IF IT HAS NO NAME
- Encourage your child to become independent in using the toilet, it boosts their confidence and self esteem and gives them independence in the Nursery
The Way, the Truth and the Life
This term our topic will be
Children will begin to understand that God loves and cares for each one of us and we will talk about what we think and feel about this. We will hear about all the things God created for us and we will respond to this. We will learn about how God has asked us to care for the world and we will think about how we can help to do this.
We will begin to know that God made each one of us different and special and we will talk about what this means and reflect on this.
Important Dates for your Diary
- Wednesday 5th September - School opens
- Monday 8th October - Rainbow Challenge week
- Friday 12th October - Rainbow Obstacle Course
- Thursday 18th October - Parent Consultations 12.10 - 2pm
- Friday 26th October - School Closes
New Starters and returning Rising 3's
A warm welcome to our new starters. We hope you have a very happy and enjoyable time with us. We have lots of exciting activities planned and we know you will make lots of new friends.
Welcome back to our Rising 3's we know you will be excited to get back to Nursery and enjoy lots of new challenges and we cannot wait to see you all.
Having fun at Nursery!
THIS TERM OUR TOPIC IS
How Many Colours in a Rainbow ?
Here are some of the things we will be learning about :
- Exploring colours in the natural and man made world
- How colours can be mixed together to create new colours
- How colours can be used to make patterns and how artists use colours to make pictures
- We will be exploring pattern and shape and looking at the work of the artist Matisse
- Exploring colours in nature such as pattern and camouflage
- Investgating animals with patterns
- We will take part in a week of Rainbow challenges which will involve an activity challenge each day, culminating in a sponsored rainbow obstacle course at the end of the week.