Come and have a look at what's going on in our Nursery.
It's where the fun begins!
Our Nursery Team are:
Mrs L Lloyd - Teacher
Mrs R Acheson and Mrs K Normanton - Nursery Nurses
Mrs D Connolly and Mrs J McGovern - Nursery Assistants
LIBRARY DAY is Friday ...........Don't forget to let your child choose a book and you can enjoy it together at home. A big thank you to all the parents who have kindly donated books to our library, this wonderful resource would not be available without your constant support.If you haven't donated a book and would like to, please talk to a member of the Nursery Team.
BOOKS, BOOKS and more BOOKS ..........reading is the best !!!
We LOVE books!
So your child has as much fun as possible and gains as much independence as possible, please remember ;
- Dress your child in clothing and coats that they can manage themselves
- Sensible footwear, no sandals, flip flops, crocs or open toed shoes
- Trousers or shorts to be able to access roktagons and outdoor climbing
- No expensive clothing or coats they will get dirty and children do get anxious
- Wellingtons in winter or wet weather- you can leave labelled wellies at Nursery
- NAME LABELS IN ALL CLOTHING- WE CANNOT FIND MISPLACED CLOTHING IF IT HAS NO NAME
- Encourage your child to become independent in using the toilet, it boosts their confidence and self esteem and gives them independence in the Nursery
The Way, the Truth and the Life
This term our topic will be
Children will begin to understand that God made all the people in the world to be part of his family and that we are part of it too. Children will begin to know and love God and show our love for him by helping one another. Children will begin to learn that God has given us gifts so that we can show his love to others.
Through the story of the Nativity children will learn that God's greatest gift to us was to send us his only son Jesus and to be able to respond to that gift.
Important Dates for your Diary
- Tuesday 11th December- Nativity Dress Rehearsal 10am for the school
- Thursday 13th December - Interviews for January intake of Rising 3's
- Friday 14th December - EYFS Nativity Performance 10 am in the main school
- Friday 14th December - Christmas Disco
- Monday 17th December - Nursery Christmas Party
- Friday 21st December- Close for Christmas holidays
- Monday 7th January - School opens
A warm welcome back to everyone. We hope you enjoy the next term with us. We have lots of exciting activities planned and we know you will have lots of fun.
Having fun at Nursery!
THIS TERM OUR TOPIC IS
Did Dragons Exist ?
Here are some of the things we will be learning about :
- About dragons, castles and reptiles
- We will explore if dragons really did exist
- The past and life in a castle
- The different parts of a castle
- The lives of real and imagined knights, their armour and battles they fought
- About real and imagined princesses, kings and queens
- Reading fairy tales and traditional tales involving castles, knights, princesses and dragons.