History of School
The history of St. Joseph's School is closely related to the history of St. Joseph's Church and of Brighouse itself.
The old school building was officially opened in June 1879 by Bishop Cornthwaite. It consisted of one large room, to be used as a school during the week, and as a chapel on Sundays.
On 4th September 1961, St. Joseph's "new" school opened on Finkil Street, Hove Edge. Mass was celebrated each feast day in the hall, as it is today.
St. Joseph's school uniform 1966
Sports day 1967
1969-70 school choir
The school has continued to go from strength to strength and is a popular choice for many parents/carers.
Our Headteacher, Mrs Hodges, is the first married female Headteacher in the school's history!
The school in more recent years has had a new library, PE store, table store, staff room, offices, medical room and SEN room.
Why not take a virtual tour - located in the About Us tab.